Friday, April 27, 2012

Does anyone know how to use two video cards in one PC, one PCI and one AGP?

Hi, I have been struggling trying to find out how to use two video cards in one computer. I have a AGP (Nvidia Geforce2 MX/MX 400) and a PCI (Trident Video accelerator 9440).



First, I don't know if I have to change or Update the BIOS to be able to use them. Do I?



Second, I don't know if the cards I am using can be used together. Can they?



Third, The AGP card (NVidia) has an S-video port to connect to a television so when I try to change the settings for the other card it shows me two monitors por the display. One for the monitor and one for a TV because of the one card with VGA and S-Video port.



Fourth, The computer shows me a (!) in a yellow circle for the (Trident 9440 card) I think the drivers for this card have not been updated since the age of the cave man. Anyone know of this?



I will appreciate any help. If anyone knows of a good tutorial for using two cards and not a dual card, please let know.



You guys are great!! Thankx you again!|||Update the PCI Trident card drivers.



Go to your BIOS and check if you have an option to select which card to use. Generally AGP motherboards do have an option to select which card you would prefer to use AGP/PCI.



Although, you have two display cards connected, at a time you would be using one.



You can surely check with the BIOS website and look for any upgrades related to BIOS.

NOTE: Beware that updating BIOS in wrong way can result in BIOS chipset unusable so be careful.|||do not use 2 it will be messd up|||there is a new video card type called sli card which can be used two at a time MSI cards have this facility|||I tried all that befor on my Compaq, NO WAY, NO HOW is it going to happen. Just get yourself a good AGP Video Card. As far as the GeForce MX 400, throw that sucker away, that's what my PC came with.(Old 7110US,igot it for free, and have upgraded considerably)

No comments:

Post a Comment