Thursday, April 26, 2012

Need PCI-E video card for two monitors, and I'm not a gamer...CHEAP?

I was told by a Dell rep that I need a pci-e video card to run two monitors. By the looking I've done, a lot of emphasis is geared towards gamers, which I am not. If you could list a few that would do the job, I'd appreciate it.



Do they come with two 15 pins VGA's, or do I need an adapter for one of them, as the pics I've seen have one 15 and one white rectangular plug?|||Most cards have dual capability, I'm running some cheap invidia cards for editing using premiere pro spread over two monitors and then including a 400 firewire stream to a third monitor.



Depending on your system requirements, some have the dual 15 pin VGA's and other have the 15 pin VGA and DVI. The square one you describe sounds like DVI. If that is the case an Invidia 256 meg of ram, dual monitor VGA, DVI cost about $50.



Fry's or order one from a net store, don't buy second hand crap|||so u want a crappy one a good one (good for gameing and normel and cheap)

or a EXTREAM ONE GREAT ON GAMEING AND PREFORMANCE TOO EXPENCIVE



i recomend nivida ge force 6200 (256 mb )

it has 1 vga 1 dvi snd 1 s-vidieo

good for gameing and work and great preformance



it cost me like $150

but that came wit instalation|||You do not need pci-e. What you need is a dual head video card and they come on every bus, pci, agp, and pci-e.



Most of them have 1 vga (the 15 pin) and 1 dvi (the white one you spoke of). Most times the video card will come with an adapter to convert the dvi back to vga 15 pin.



For a cheap fix, I'd recommend an eVGA geforce 6200 agp (unless you have a pci-e slot, if so the card comes in pci-e as well). You should be able to find it for about $50-60. They come with the adapter as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment