Thursday, April 26, 2012

Upgrading video card. Pci x16 2.0?

I want to upgrade my video card. My motherboard has a pci x16 slot, and I checked the manufacturers website and it doesn't say anything on pci x16 2.0. My question- will a Pci x16 2.0 video card work in a pci x16 slot? Also, most video cards now don't have vga connections, will I need to get a new monitor? |||it shouldnt matter becuase if its pci express its pci express it doesnt matter what the 2.0 stuff is all about, and about vga you can get DVI to VGA converters on ebay for £2-£3 or some video cards come with them included in the box.|||a Pci x16 2.0 video card is backwards compatible to a pci x16 slot, which means that the card is copatible with the slot.



all the PCI express video cards has a DVI slot. for the connection, u just have to go to a local computer store to buy a DVI to VGA adapter. not expensive.



good luck



|||yea it will work with a PCI x 16 slot, it just wont perform to it fullest



no most cards come with a DVI to VGA adapter, or u can buy one for 20 bucks

No comments:

Post a Comment